4/12/08

Don Carlos @ The Malibu Inn

I finally got to see Don Carlos again. The show was at The Malibu Inn, a salty older tavern style venue in Malibu, CA. The show had a seven pm starting time but Don Carlos didn't come on until about eleven pm. The Giant Panda Guerrilla Dub Squad played a great set and left me wondering why I'd never heard of them before. They're from Rochester, NY and seem to be touring all the time. I hope I get a chance to see them again some time. Another group surprised me called The Blaze Mob. They played a quick set that really got the attention of the crowd. By this point in the night everyone was ready to get down and definitely ready for Don Carlos. Reggae great Wadi Gad was there on drums and blasted out a couple songs of his own before Don Carlos took the stage. Oh, did I forget to mention that The Scientist was at the controls the whole night !!! I love seeing Don Carlos, he's got such a great stage presence with his great big smile. He listens and talks to the crowd and keeps the positive vibe wafting through the bar. My overall experience for the night was outstanding. A good venue, a couple of new bands to experience, and of course the one and only Don Carlos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great show. where was the last place you saw Don Carlos?