1/4/09

Plantation : Don Carlos


Once again it's the sweet youthful vocals of Don Carlos. My copy of Plantation is a Tamoki Wambesi CD released in 2001. I've actually seen a couple different versions of this album. My copy is a total of 16 tracks and includes alternating versions of each song. There is also a release with 10 tracks, but with out the alternating versions. I'm not too familiar with the 10 track album and I'm sorry I can't do a head to head comparison. I'm usually a big fan of "showcase" style, when the tracks are followed by their dub or dj counterpart, but on this CD it just didn't feel right. I found myself listening to the dub versions and thinking that they were more instrumental versions than dub. They came out a little dry and stripped down with very little sound effects and not heavy enough to support the original vocal versions. My favorite track on this one is #3 (Plantation). All the vocal tracks are good and true Don Carlos style, but the dubs fell a little short of expectations.

No comments: