3/22/09

Talking Revolution : Peter Tosh

This is a 2005 2 disc release from Pressure Sounds. Disc 1 has 8 tracks of live concert material from the One Love Peace Concert. Disc 2 is an acoustic set of 11 songs recorded at US radio stations while touring North America. Most people will tell you Disc 2 is far superior but I feal it the other way around. Tracks #2 (Four Hundred Years) and #3 (Stepping Razor) on the Live CD are my personal favorites for this 2 disc release. If Tosh is one of your favorites then no doubt you'll dig this high quality booklet and rare set lists. Really, most of the Peter Tosh I listen to are on the "Legalize It" and "Equal Rights" albums. A few of my favorite singles are "Wanted Dread and Alive" and "Reggae Mylitis". The deep and powerful messages of his earlier work with the Wailers is another great taste of his brilliance and wisdom. The album "Burnin" or the single "You can't Blame the Youth" are two good examples. "Talking Revolution" is a good deal to find used for about $12 or less on CD. For me Peter Tosh usually isn't something I have in regular rotation, but instead it's music I find myself craving for the specific messages and the energy it gives out.

No comments: