11/8/09

Triston Palma Show Case in a Roots Radics Drum and Bass


This is the most impressive works I've encountered from Triston Palmer and I'm more than happy to give a quick review. This disc has 12 Tracks total - Alternating original vocal and then the dub track to follow. It was recorded and mixed at both Channel One and King Tubby's. Produced by Jah Thomas and engineered by King Tubby, Scientist, Professor, and Barnabas. Just a ton legendary talent on the production side of this disc. My favorites on this disc are #3 (Give me a chance) & dub ; the other is #9 (Time so Hard) & dub. These are both crucial sets of roots reggae with outstanding not overshadowing dub mixes. This disc was released by the Abraham label out of Ontario, Canada - but I'm not sure what year. This disc went in my permanent listening rotation soon after I heard it for the first time and I highly recommend at least checking it out.

No comments: