2/7/10

Willow Tree : Gregory Isaacs


This is a ten track set from the Jamaican Gold label collection. Classic 70's Gregory Isaacs roots vocal selection. My CD copy is a 1992 release and I noticed some similarities between this album and My Number One : Gregory Isaacs . They share a couple tracks including No Speech No Language and Lonely Teardrops. They also seem to share the same photo shoot for the album art. If you want to put one album up against the other head to head I would have to favor My Number One because of the extra Lonely Teardrops versions and the Border track with U-Brown. Willow Tree has outstanding quality tracks as well (#5 Everything is Going Alright) and really it's best to have both albums to give yourself a comprehensive look at Gregory during this great time in his career. The studio is at Channel One Kingston and the engineering by Ernest Hoo-Kim. The Producer is listed as Alvin Ranglin.

No comments: